Study Days at Great Dixter with Fergus Garrett
Study Days are led by Head Gardener Fergus Garrett and held at Great Dixter House & Gardens. Developed by Christopher Lloyd and Fergus Garrett, this programme is in its eleventh year. Each Study Day includes a lecture in the house as well as talks and demonstrations in the garden. Subjects are tailored to provide insight into the Great Dixter ethos of gardening. Refreshments and lunch are provided and there is a 10% discount to attendees on plant sales in the nursery on the day.
Study Day subjects with Fergus Garrett in 2015:
- Succession Planting in the Mixed Border on 23rd Mar | 22nd Jun
- Nursery Propagation (led by Michael Morphy) on 13th Apr | 14th Sept
- Good Planting on 11th May | 13th Jul
- Meadow Gardening on 8th Jun
- Daisy Day (led be Fergus Garrett and Marina Christopher) on 2nd Sept
- Exotic Gardening on 21st Sept
- Integrating and Using Bulbs in your Borders on 26th Oct
Visit our What’s on page and filter events for ‘Study Days’ for further details and to book, or contact Perry Rodriguez on tel: 01797 252878 ext. 3.
Book a Study Day now using our online shop.
New for 2015 is a series of Behind the Scenes monthly workshops run by the Great Dixter garden team and Edward Flint, who trained with Christopher Lloyd. The aim is to reveal the practical secrets of how Great Dixter is gardened.